V. Krishna Murthy award for excellence
Dr. V. Krishnamurthyis the doyen among Indian managers, whose visionary leadership, institution
building capability and pursuit of excellence, with concern for people, led to transformation of two gigantic
public enterprises – BHEL and SAIL, and nurturing of a new automobile company (Maruti) which revolutionized the
automobile and engineering sectors in India. Besides, chairmanship of these three companies, Dr. Krishnamurthy was
also Secretary, Industries, Government of India, for three years. He was associated with a number of academic and
professional institutions. During his distinguished career, he received many honors and awards, including Padmabhushan
(1986) and Business Man of the year (1987). Dr. Krishnamurthy has left profound impact of his vision, dynamism and humanism
on everyone who came in contact with him. Centre for Organization Development had the privilege of his guidance as chairman
of the Board of Governors for the first 18 years.
As a mark of respect for his eminence as a visionary leader,
institution builder and for his pursuit of excellence, the Centre for
Organization Development established the V. Krishnamurthy Award for Excellence,
to honour individuals who have set high standards of achievement in pursuit of excellence in their respective professions.
The award carries a citation.
Managers in business enterprises, government organizations and NGOs as well as professionals, scientists and academics will be eligible for consideration for this award.
The following criteria for eligibility will govern the selection process.
1. The individual has achieved high standards of excellence in building organizations.
2. The individual has a track record of achieving superior organizational performance.
3. The individual has made important contribution to the community, in general.
4. The individual is recognized as leader with vision and dynamism.
5. The individual has demonstrated support for innovation, enterprise and development of future leadership.
1. 2000 - Mr. T.P.G. Nambiar, Chairman, BPL Group
2. 2001 - Mr. N. Vittal, Chief Vigilance Commissioner
3. 2002 - Dr. K. Kasturirangan, Chairman, ISRO
4. 2003 - Smt. Ela R. Bhatt, Founder General Secretary, SEWA
5. 2004 - Mr. Subir Raha, Chairman, ONGC
6. 2005 - Dr. Y.K. Hamied, Chairman, Cipla.
7. 2006 - Mr Baba N Kalyani, Chairman Bharat Forge Ltd
8. 2007 - Mr Udaya S Kotak (Executive Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd
9. 2008 - Mr. Anil Mani Bhai Naik-Chairman and Managing Director-L&T
10. 2009 - Dr.S.S.Badrinath, Founder & Chairman Emeritus, Shankar Netralaya, Chennai
11. 2010 - Mrs.Aruna Roy, the founder of Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathan (MKSS)
12. 2011 - Mr. Ramadorai, Vice Chairman, Tata Consultancy Services
13. 2012 - Dr. E. Sreedharan, Principal Advisor, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation